Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Babies in Black : A Beatles Tribute

Ely Buendia and Clementine (The Camerawalls / Orange and Lemons) in a Beatles tribute gig. Kakoy Legaspi and Nitoy Adriano on lead guitar. Wowee Posadas on keyboards. Vengee Gatmaitan on bass (using Paul's Hofner 500/1 violin), and Benjie A. Santos on drums. Kate Torralba played in between sets.

Some moments of clarity during the show:
  • Kakoy can make his guitar sound like a sitar ("Within You Without You / Norwegian Wood")
  • Kakoy can also ovaries explode ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps")
  • "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" was face-melting.
  • I saw 3 (or maybe 4) generations singing along to "Hey Jude"
  • Real Beatles fans know the words to "Penny Lane" and "Come Together" by heart.

I went home a very happy fanboy. Looking forward to the next Beatles Night!

This is my YouTube Playlist of the gig. Individual videos below.

The Eggmen

Within You Without You + Norwegian Wood

I've Just Seen A Face

I'll Be Back

For No One

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

I'm Only Sleeping

Dear Prudence

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Kate Torralba - I Will

Ely Buendia and The Eggmen

Eight Days A Week

I Feel Fine

Help

I'm A Loser

You're Gonna Lose That Girl

Baby's in Black

She Said She Said

Nowhere Man

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Here Comes The Sun

We Can Work It Out

Hey Jude

Encore

Penny Lane

Come Together

0 comments: